Monday, August 23, 2010

Time Moves On

It has been some time (2 years to be exact) since I have made a blog post. Partly due to a lack of initiative, partly due to time restraint. The desire is there, the follow-through hasn't. All of that to say, "shame on me". I hope to make more consistent posts.

In our world, a busy summer has drawn to a close and the "birthday season" is upon us. In our house we have "birthday season". All three children's birthdays take place within a month of each other. So, beginning in mid-august and continuing through mid-september, we have what I call the "birthday tour". It usually involves the following; multiple theme parties, presents and cards through the mail, visits from grandparents and other family members, etc. Given that many of our friends also have children with birthdays in August/September, the birthday party fun just continues on and on (I'm not sure why this time of year is so fertile). Add the beginning of the school year and you have a non-stop party for a little over a month. Pray for my wife.

This time of year always reminds me of God's faithfulness to me and Melissa. We love our kids and wouldn't give anything in the world for them.

Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.

Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5

No comments: